Transmission problems are a car issue that you should not take lightly. They can be extensive and costly if not taken care of. To prevent a hole in your wallet, you should perform transmission maintenance when necessary and get regular inspections.
Today, we will go over 8 symptoms that may indicate transmission trouble. If you experience one or more of the following warning signs, we invite you to visit the transmission auto repair specialists at Carmasters Automotive!
- Odd Smells - When your transmission overworks itself, it can emit an unpleasant burning scent.
- Clunking, Humming, or Whining Noises - When you switch gears, it shouldn’t be described as a noisy experience. Otherwise, you should have your transmission checked out.
- Check Engine Light On - A warning light such as the check engine light may indicate a deeper problem within the transmission. A diagnostic scan can confirm whether or not it relates to the transmission.
- Red Fluid Leak - Automatic transmissions use a fluid that is typically red. If you notice this under your parked car, please check your transmission fluid levels.
- Unresponsive Transmission - If your car has trouble sliding from one gear to another, it is often caused by a fault in the transmission system.
- Shaking or Vibrations - Does your vehicle shake when you’re trying to shift gears? If so, it is a sign that your transmission is not getting enough lubrication.
- Dragging Clutch - This symptom is specific to manual transmissions. When the clutch drags, it leaves the clutch spinning instead of sticking to one gear.
- Slipping Gears - Even if your vehicle gets into gear, it needs to stay in it until you tell your car to do otherwise. If it slips from one gear to another without your call, it is an obvious call that you should have your transmission inspected.
At Carmasters Automotive, we highly encourage you don’t wait to have your transmission problems looked at. Transmission problems can spread rampantly and put your safety at risk. We welcome you to our shop for proper diagnostics with our state-of-the-art equipment. Please give us a call or fill out our online form to schedule an appointment today.